1. Thomas Johnson was born 1744 and married to Sarah __?__ about 1764.
- 1.a. Sarah Johnson - born 1765 and married in Oct. 1783 to Thomas Stapleton,
died 24 Oct. 1854 on Cow Creek, Owsley Co. Ky.
- 1.a.1. Edward Stapleton - born 1785 Rowan Co NC and died Owsley Co Ky.
- 1.a.2. William Stapleton - born 1787 Russell Co Va and died Owsley Co Ky
- 1.b. Thomas T. Johnson Jr. - born 1771 in Va and married Mary (Polly) __?__ died
1866 and buried at the Jesse Johnson Cemetery
near highway 30 on Turkey Creek, Breathitt Co. Ky.
- 1.b.1. Jesse Johnson - born 1793/4 Sullivan Co TN and died after 1860 Breathitt Co KY
- 1.b.2. Martha "Patsy" Johnson - born 1796 Sullivan Co TN
- 1.b.3. Elisha "Red Headed Lish" Johnson - born 10 Dec. 1802 Hawkins Co TN and died 26 Oct 1886 Breathitt Co KY
- 1.b.4. Mary "Polly" Johnson - born 1803/4 Hawkins Co TN and died after 1887 in Breathitt Co KY
- 1.b.5. Isaac Johnson
- 1.b.6. William "Bill" Johnson
- 1.b.7. James Madison Johnson
- 1.b.8. George Johnson
- 1.b.9. Samuel Johnson
- 1.b.10. Thomas Johnson Jr
- 1.c. Amy Johnson - born 1775 in NC and married Elder William Tackitt, died
12 Sept. 1857 in Pike Co. Ky.
- 1.c.1. Martha "Patsy" Tackitt - born 13 Oct 1802 Hawkins Co TN and died 26 Oct 1886
- 1.c.2. George Tackitt - bron 1803 Hawkins Co TN and died 9 Aug 1852
- 1.c.3. Rebecca Tackitt - born 20 Sept 1805 Hawkins Co TN and died 5 March 1845
- 1.c.4. William "Buckey" Tackitt - born 4 March 1809 Hawkins Co TN and died 27 May 1894
- 1.c.5. Sarah Tackitt - born 22 June 1813 Knox Co (now Bell) Co KY and died 30 Aug 1904
- 1.d. Robert R. Johnson - born 1778 in SC and married Rachel Helton, died 16 Jan. 1858
in Laurel Co. Ky.
- 1.d.1. James Johnson - born 1804 Hawkins Co TN & died 1876 Breathitt Co KY
- 1.d.2. John S Johnson - born 1805 Hawkins Co TN
- 1.d.3. Shadrack Johnson - born 1807 Hawkins Co TN
- 1.d.4. Jesse Johnson - born 1809 Knox Co (now Bell) Ky and died Jackson Co Ky
- 1.d.5. Mary "Polly" Johnson - born 1815 Knox Co (now Bell) KY and died after 1880 Breathitt Co KY
- 1.d.6. Amy Johnson - born 1816 Knox Co (now Bell) KY
- 1.d.7. Elliot E Johnson - born 1818 Clay Co Ky
- 1.d.8. Rachel Johnson - born 1819 Clay Co Ky and died 11 June 1883
- 1.d.9. Robert R Johnson Jr - born 1819 Clay Co KY
- 1.d.10. Priscilla Johnson - born 1823 Clay Co KY
- 1.d.11. Paschal Johnson - born 1824 Clay Co KY
- 1.e. William Payne Johnson - born 1784 in Rowan Co NC and married first to Sarah
Tackett, sister to William Tackett, and married second to Lucy Ann Ayers.
- 1.e.1. Payne Johnson - born 2 May, 1807 in Sullivan Co. Tenn.
and married 29 March, 1834 in Perry Co. Ky. to Margaret Bates,
died 5 March, 1882 in Pike Co. Ky. and was buried in the Johnson
Cemetery in Pike Co. Ky.
- 1.e.2. Robert Johnson - born 12 May, 1809 on Puckett's Creek
in old Knox Co. Ky. and married Esther Branham on 11 May, 1842
in Pike Co. Ky., died 17 Jan. 1895 in West Va.
- 1.e.3. Nathaniel Johnson - not much is known about Nathaniel
but it is said that he moved to Laurel Co. Ky.
- 1.e.4. Polly Johnson There is much confusion as to when Polly
was born and she could possibly be the first-born of William
and Sarah. She married Booker Mullins.
- 1.e.5. William Johnson Jr. - born ca. 1810 on Puckett's Creek
and married on 13 May, 1830 in Pike Co. to Matilda Mullins, the daughter
of Solomon and Sarah Greenfield Cathey Mullins,
died 25 Aug. 1897 and is buried at Etty, Ky.
- 1.e.6. Jacob Johnson - born ca. 1811 in Ky. There is a chance
that Jacob is a son of William and Sarah but it has not been
Proven as of this time. He was married 3 times to the following
women; Gincie Mullins Newsome, Elizabeth Osborne and finally
- 1.e.7. Nancy Johnson - born ca. 1813 on Puckett's Creek and married
on 8 April, 1830 to Isaac Burke.
- 1.e.8. Elizabeth Johnson - born ca. 1815/17 probably in old Floyd
Co. Ky. and married on 10 March, 1836 in Pike Co. to William
Hall, died in 1873.
- 1.e.9. Pleasant Johnson - born Feb. 1819 in Pike Co. and married
to Anna Burke on 15 Feb. 1848 in Pike Co., died 1901.
- 1.e.10. Bailey Johnson - born 1821 in Pike Co. and married on
14 Aug. 1841 to Rebecca Johnson, the daughter of Elisha and Martha
Tackett Johnson (were cousins).